Plymouth Advanced Motorcyclists (PAM) is a registered charity 1113469 and is affiliated to the Institute of Advanced Motorists as a local IAM Group - as well as being a restricted membership club for advanced riders and for those preparing to pass the advanced riding test. PAM holds and processes personal data about its members, volunteers, suppliers and customers.
Our lawful bases for data handling:
· When you request that PAM delivers a skills day, or the IAM Advanced Rider Course (or similar advanced riding program) to you, processing your data is necessary for us to perform our contract with you.
· The Legitimate interests of PAM as a club, charity and IAM affiliated group require that certain data be held and processed.
· By joining or renewing your membership with IAM and in turn with PAM you may have consented to our processing your name and contact details for the purpose of PAM’s membership and business.
· And further, if you have gift aided donation or subscription, advertise with us or have claimed expenses or acted as an officer or trustee, then PAM may have a Legal obligation to preserve and/or process some of your personal data to comply with regulations like tax laws.
We may use data for:
· Updating your membership information at PAM and the IAM
· Issuing subscription renewal reminders and processing subscriptions.
· Allocation of Associate to an Observer
· Arranging observed rides, seminars, group rides and training sessions at all levels
· Communicating key organisational messages, such as:
o Arranging meetings and sending minutes
o Liaising with IAM, & its other groups
o Liaising with members and circulating the club magazine
o Circulating details of forthcoming events / rides / meetings / road safety events deemed likely to be of interest to PAM members.
· Identifying prospective candidates for Committees or Observer groups, and other voluntary roles in the organisation and, where elected, performing those roles.
· Insurance & legal liaison where needed
· Organising representation of PAM at road safety events
PAM requires data to:
· Be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
· Be held only for specific purposes
· Not to be used or disclosed incompatibly with those purposes
· Be accurate and kept up to date
· Be kept no longer than necessary
· Be made available to data subjects on request
· Be appropriately protected against – unauthorised access/alteration/disclosure and destruction and accidental sharing.
What is meant by “data”?
Data held initially will usually include your name, address, contact details, driving licence type, date joined, date advanced test passed, IAM achievement records, membership of volunteer PAM committees.
Additional personal data such as date of birth and driving convictions may be requested from you during IAM test preparation only, but are not used or retained for any other purpose and are deleted once a test has been booked. (Observer and Pilots’ data may also be retained for insurance purposes).
We will never disclose your data for other purposes without your permission, nor will we sell it for marketing.
Where is it held?
Personal Data is held in the IAM & PAM membership databases, the PAM website database (used for mass email and subscription renewal facilities), and in limited records approved by the committee and maintained solely for use by core volunteers during the performance of their roles (such as Membership secretary, Treasurer, Chief Observer etc).
You have rights.
The Data Protection 2018 sets out your rights – see the Information Commissioner’s Website at www.ico.org.uk for full details. You can present a Subject Access request to PAM to understand what how and why PAM is using your data, and to check we are doing it lawfully. Other rights, including the right to be forgotten, or to object to processing also apply and are detailed in the Act.
Requests should be made by email to our Group Secretary, who is the Data Controller on behalf of the Trustees and committee. The email for the Group Secretary is Secretary@iampamroadsmart.org.uk
PAM’s website may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page
The IAM RoadSmart Privacy Notice can be read here: Privacy Notice (iamroadsmart.com)